Top 12 Most Expensive Bikes in India: The phrase ‘most expensive bike’ creates a sensation among biking community of India in more than one way. The feel includes positivity gained with availability of such high performance premium products while high tax slabs spread shivers to most buyers of the country.
Safely assuming all of these as completely built up units, Indian buyers pay roughly double the amount for their actual price. Still, when it comes to extreme love for performance motorcycles, buyers are always willing to spend huge amounts for their selective body type.
Here are 12 most expensive bikes one could buy in India. As most of them would have been Harleys and Indian motorcycles, we have considered the most expensive example from each brand that retails performance bikes in India.
The 1299 Superleggera worth INR 1.12 Crore has been missed due to availability issues. The only 1 allotted to India has been sold. You can read more about it here. In case you want to know more 1299 Superleggera, you can check out the complete specifications here.
Top 12 Most Expensive Bikes in India
1) Kawasaki Ninja H2R @ INR 69.80 lakh – Ninja H2R has no direct competition to any other production two wheeler around the world. It can put a mid-size performance car’s output value to shame with 310 PS at 14,000 rpm.
The supercharged 998cc engine on the motorcycle is a unique piece of art, pushing this track only variant to a claimed top speed of 400 kmph. Unlike most liter class bikes with just around 110-115 Nm of torque, Ninja H2R brings 165 Nm of massive torque for its 216 kg of aerodynamically efficient body.
2) Big Dog K9 Red Chopper @ INR 59 lakh – A purely hand-built unit that comes with huge 1807 cc, twin cylinder engine under its frame, Big Dog K9 speaks exclusivity from every bit of its body.
Performance figures stay undisclosed but commanding length of 2743 mm offers class leading road presence. The wheelbase of 2082 mm can put certain cars to shame while seat height is highly supportive at 622 mm.
3) Ducati 1299 Panigale Final Edition @ INR 51.82 lakh – Ducati 1299 Panigale Final Edition takes performance to a new level. It ranks third among most expensive bikes and brings 1285cc of performance tuned displacement.
That makes it good for 209.4 HP at 11,000 rpm and 142 Nm at 9,000 rpm. It weighs just 190 kg and thus, outperforms many liter class bikes with its effective road performance. This is the last production model for Ducati twin-cylinder performance motorcycling.
4) MV Agusta F4 RC @ INR 50.10 lakh – A liter class marvel, F4 RC is top spec performance loaded variant of the four cylinder race series. The 998cc engine comes with 212 HP at 13,600 rpm and 115 Nm at 9,300 rpm.
This makes it one of the most powerful option, that too with 302 kph of claimed top speed and just 175 kg of dry weight. Premium parts on offer includes Ohlins suspension, forged aluminum alloy wheels, Brembo GP brakes and MV Agusta quick-shifter.
5) Harley-Davidson CVO Limited @ INR 49.99 lakh – CVO Limited is undoubtedly king of all roads and hypnotize everyone with its grand presence. Riding the same feels like being at home (unless you get heavy rains on your face!) as you get 165 Nm of torque at just 3250 rpm.Bag Dark Inset Gray Flap Accent Wave WMNS w7qfII
A slight push of throttle is good to make this 431 kg bike ride like a flying carpet. It comes with Harley Boom Audio for maximum infotainment possibilities while riding. The seats are huge and offer backrest to both the riders.
6) Indian Roadmaster Elite @ INR 48 lakh – Another heavyweight in the most expensive bikes, Indian Roadmaster Elite comes with a huge 1811 cc, twin cylinder engine producing 138.9 Nm at 2600 rpm. This makes it even more responsive than any other production bike around its segment.Shoulder Handbag Brown Women's Tag Detachable Luggage Strap Doctor aRwvtx8
Roadmaster weighs 428 kg and carries 20.8 liter of fuel tank. The low 673 mm of seat height helps short riders enjoy the cruising feel without any fear of getting stuck in middle of a tough situation. Indian Motorcycles offer a huge infotainment display along with premium sound system on the Roadmaster Elite.
7) Honda Goldwing Tour @ INR 28.50 lakh – Goldwing is Honda’s most expensive model that uses a 6-cylinder, 1832cc engine producing 124.7 BHP and 170 Nm.
The engine comes mated to a 7-speed DCT and pulls 379 kg Goldwing in the smoothest possible manner. Honda offers 150 liters of capacity through these fixed panniers while six speaker sound system helps rider stay entertained throughout the journey.
8) BMW K1600GTL Pro @ INR 28.30 lakh – The flagship BMW K1600GTL is one direct rival to Honda Goldwing. Carrying a smaller 1649 cc, 6-cylinder engine, K1600GTL is good for 160 HP at 7750 rpm and 175 Nm at 5250 rpm.
tote bag Red End Lands' Lands' End
Clearly, power values favor the BMW cruiser as it also weighs 348 kg and hence, proves to be better in all aspects. K1600 GTL is strictly for those who wish to cover four digit miles at three digit speeds.
9) Moto Guzzi MGX-21 @ INR 27.70 lakh – MGX-21 is even known by its name Flying Fortress. The 1380 cc, twin cylinder motorcycle is good for 95 HP and 121 Nm of torque. This makes it good for certain rivals but typical cruiser in this range are way more powerful than Moto Guzzi MGX-21.
Lands' End Lands' tote bag Red End
The positive charm of Flying Fortress comes through 182 mm of impressive ground clearance and 314 kg of low weight (compared to cruisers of this segment). Still, it feels expensive for its performance value.
10) Norton Commando 961 @ INR 23 lakh – The most recent expensive bike entry, Commando 961 comes with comes with 80 HP at 6500 rpm and 90 Nm at 5200 rpm.
bag Lands' Red End tote End Lands' Everything depends upon user’s interest or else, power values are not that tempting for such high price. Expensive parts like Brembo brakes and Ohlins suspension makes Commando 961 a unique option.
11) Aprilia RSV4 RF @ INR 22.81 lakh – Being the member of elite liter class range, RSV4 RF is India’s most powerful Aprilia with large electronic feature list on its side.
End End tote Lands' bag Red Lands'
It has an overall power output of 201 HP at 13,000 rpm and 115 Nm at 10,500 rpm. The lightweight architecture is shared with Aprilia’s MotoGP frame while premium components on offer includes Ohlins suspension, Brembo M50 calipers and Bosch cornering ABS.
12) Triumph Rocket III @ INR 21.91 lakh – Rocket III has the biggest production engine in a motorcycle with 2294 cc of displacement. The three cylinder engine is good for 145.5 BHP at 5750 rpm and 221 Nm at 2750 rpm.
The engine comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox and claims 210 kmph of top speed. It weighs 367 kg and carries 24 liter fuel tank for decent overall range. One would guess this bike to be slower than ordinary but it just takes 3.5 second to touch 100 kmph from standstill on Rocket III.